Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What about the rest of our trip?




(This has been saved in my box for a couple of weeks... just needed time to post. We've been a little busy these days.)



From Vancouver we started down memory lane for my husband. We drove to Othello, WA where he worked on a farm for a couple of summers while attending Washington State University... Go Cougs!







In Othello, being that it is a small town, there were several people awaiting to see "my hubby's wife" and who she was. For they had all prayed for me back when he was working on the farm. I met and heard all sort of stories from my husband's past. It was great!





Farm Golf: the second evening, while we were there, the people we were staying with had set up 9 holes around their home. Friends had come over again to visit with us, and the golf game was absolutely necessary and an absolute blast! The "holes" were hitting the "orange plastic on the tree", hitting it into the baby swimming pool, or through the PVC pipe. Other rules were if you hit your ball on the gravel it was considered water/dead ball, but if you actually hit your ball in the irrigation ditch (where water actually runs) it's still a live ball=-). SOOOO many laughs!!! It will always be the most memorable golf game I have ever played.


From Othello we drove to Pulman, WA to visit WSU were my husband graduated from school. Here are some pictures of the beautiful rolling hill country. It reminded me of the wallpaper on Microsoft Program or maybe it's Gateway. You know what I am referring to?












(His name was Pepto the pig=).





After visiting my husband's stomping ground and the Bookie at WSU, we met with his old Pastor and started our drive to Spokane to stay with another college buddy and his family. Here we had a wonderful evening... again walking down memory lane with stories, prayers and many laughs.



In the morning we visited the Damn of Spokane and had late morning snack and much needed cup of java.



Then our road trip took us back to Seattle. We stated at The W in downtown Seattle. It was a much needed retreat, especially for me, as I had met so many new people. I needed some down time. The W was a big treat for us... having a bell man, very comfortable down comforters and soft sheets, and our own personal bath robs. We were on the 14th floor and could look over downtown from our window. (A pic of our bathroom... so relaxing!)



The next morning we visited:



Rebecca, Vicki and Jana... Remember Flying Fish and screaming;-)....


We took a ferry over to Bremerton, WA where my husband worked as a Mechanic at the Naval Ship Yard. There was another homecoming hosted by his good friends, inviting the old worship team over to again... see who this girl is that he married.


Here are some pics from the ferry ride. It was a beautiful, clear day!



This trip made me realize how amazing it was that we even met. Has anyone ever felt this way? The many paths and choices that people make, yet God in his faithfulness bring two hearts together... Even Mt. Rainer wasn't too big for God.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

So fun! I'll never forget screaming at flying fish! :)

The hotel looks lovely! What a nice retreat.

Love you!

Jesse said...

Looking back over our lives it is indeed amazing how God brings people and situations into our lives. Glad you enjoyed your trip to the Northwest.

Les Trois Soeurs said...

How fun! So glad you were able to meet some of your mate's friends. I'm sure they were glad to meet you. I've told stories about our crazy road trip several times recently. I'd do it again in a heart beat.