Friday, May 9, 2008

A Fresh Coat of Paint...

I took it upon myself to paint the bedroom before I started work. It was something that was placed upon my heart after several discussions with my sister, prayers, and readings. I wanted to create a place of warmth and intimacy for our marriage, a room that is guarded and protected from the outside stresses of the world.


I was ready to paint when I took these pictures...





My goal was to complete the project before my husband came home from work. It was such an enjoyable day, to pray, sing, dance, think, and... paint our bedroom. When my hubby came home, the room was finished except for the bedding on the bed. My hubby was sooo pleased. I heard praises for days regarding the room.



The colors our are wedding colors: blue and brown...very sentimental.

It is amazing how older, free furniture looks great in a newly painted room. My husband and I are determined not to purchase any new furniture until we are able to pay cash, and at this time it is not high on the priority list. But the fresh coat of paint and new duvet has created my hopes and desires of a peaceful, more intimate ambiance.

Now the challenge is to keep this room protected and guarded from the stresses of the outside world, and to only bring items into the room that will enhance this environment and motive.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love the result - and the comforter looks perfect! What a great find! :)

Can't wait to see your downstairs creative room.... :)

*carrie* said...

Ally,

It is amazing how paint can complement a room--great job!

I received your envelope yeterday--thanks!

Mom2Drew said...

What a great job. Where did you find the duvet cover? William and I are needing one. I like the blue/brown combo, looks GREAT!

Rachel said...

Great job! And good for you for waiting for new furniture until you can use cash! The result looks so fresh and peaceful!

P.S. - found your blog via your sister's...and we may have been in a SS community with your husband at one point.