Monday, June 1, 2009

3 Weeks and Counting

Well, it has been awhile since I have updated the blog, so let's begin.


As of today, I am 3 weeks from my due date. Everything is going very well. I feel big, a bit uncomfortable, but cannot complain knowing that in a few weeks (or any day for that fact) all this could be over. I am just trying to embrace every moment, movement and feeling of this pregnancy- for it will never be a "first" again.


Now, let me share the BIG SURPRISE that I received last weekend. My husband and I went away on our last "baby moon" to Santa Fe. It was such a joy because one thing I have really desired this pregnancy is a jetted tub. The tub allows me to control the water temperature but to have the luxury of the jets, and that is one item my husband guaranteed me in the room. Sure enough, when we got to the room, the first thing I did was grab my book- draw a big bubble bath- and didn't get out until I absolutely had to! It was WONDERFUL! But this isn't the big surprise...


Here is the background story to the surprise:

I had given up on the idea of completing the nursery before the baby was born. I am still working 40 hours a week, pregnant, with not much extra energy these days. Plus,we have chosen other house projects to complete before diving into the nursery- i.e. planting the garden, installing a wood floor in the kitchen, paint and organize the laundry room, etc. Another reason was the crib set I had picked out tends to be on the boyish side, and I didn't have the time to invest on being creative to make it work for a boy or girl. So, decorating the nursery waited.

While away enjoying the weekend- my husband had secretly hired our friend, who is an amazing artist, to have full range to the nursery. He had shown her the crib set and the furniture and said "Go for it..." When we walked in the door, my husband blindly lead me into the baby's room to see this...


This is a picture of the crib set.
To say the least, I cried in my husband's shoulder, for my heart was absolutely overwhelmed with gratitude and joy. I loved that it was gender neutral, original, it matched the crib set we purchased, and it was more than I ever expected or dreamed of!
So, here are the pictures of the completed nursery:
Now, we just are awaiting for the baby to come...
Honey, Thank you SOOO much for taking care of our family, and facilitating a welcoming environment for our little one.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Ally, that is just gorgeous! I am so excited for you guys.

*carrie* said...

The room looks great, Ally! Thinking of you and can't wait to hear the news!